Sunday, October 7, 2012

Shrimp Alfredo

I love shrimp Alfredo but when it is frozen in a bag it is just gross. Today it was 50*, rainy and cold. An easy meal to the rescue.



Start with a box of noodles (16 oz or 1 lb)- Jeremiah picked rigatoni ( I try to involve him).
1 Jar of Alfredo sauce (15 oz)- I like the generic brand it was on sale 3 jars for $5. Buy what you like
1 bag of cooked shrimp frozen. I bought a 2 pound bag from Safeway when it was on sale $5/lb. That is $10 for the whole bag of 110 shrimp!  I take out about 30 shrimp. *note this bag will allow me to cook 3 meals!


1.Place shrimp in a colander and run warm water to defrost the shrimp. Let them drain in the sink
2. Boil noodles for about 11 minutes
3. As the noodles boil warm sauce on low for the same time as the noodles. For the last 5 minutes add the shrimp to the sauce.
4. My family loves Texas toast. Stick a few pieces in the oven and there you go!



Easiest 4 ingredient meal ever! Add a side of broccoli or whatever you choose. You can also add broccoli to the noodles and spice it up but I know Jeremiah won't eat it if I do.



Enjoy.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment